In late 2014 a retired teacher came to us with a pool requiring renovation and a positive test for asbestos in Marblesheen. Also known as Marbleite, this is a very common pool surface that is a part of the day to day work of pool renovations. Our duty of care to our staff, clients and the public was the catalyst for creating awareness of the problem and finding ways for our industry to operate safely.
Details of achievements
- Research the application of asbestos in Marblesheen.
- Interpret relevant legislation and asbestos code of practice.
- Develop safe working methods in conjunction with licensed asbestos removers. Including the first fully
- encapsulated pool with double wash down facilities and air monitoring as per Asbestos Code of Practice.
- Present findings and raise industry awareness.
- Share work methods with industry competitors.
- Assist Work Place Health and Safety to produce safe working method documentation.